SO WHAT’S SO GREAT ABOUT LIVING ON THE HILL?
- Getting to class on time is easy. The University (CU Boulder) is just minutes from student housing on The Hill. Walk, bike or ride your skateboard to class in just 5 minutes.
- The Pearl Street mall is right down the road. Visit restaurants, bars, and all kinds of shops while you enjoy the street performers and vivid culture of Downtown Boulder, Colorado.
- The Hill is a great place to meet people. You’ll have lots of neighbors, some will be VIP in your life for the rest of your life.
- There is always something going on. You’ll never be bored or lonely.
- You live right by The Fox Theatre where great shows play all week long, all year through.
- You’ll be surrounded by restaurants, bars, shops and house parties. What more could you ask for?
- Hiking trails and open parks are abundant on and around The Hill in Boulder.
- You’ll live on the bus line where you can catch a ride to other hot spots in Boulder, Denver, the airport and other surrounding cities.
The Hill is the PERFECT place to live for students at CU Boulder, although it can be difficult to find a place due to high demand. For the best place to find student rentals for the fall semester, visit Housing Helpers in Boulder, CO. Most preleasing opportunities begin in February and continue throughout the spring months. Housing Helpers can also help you with your housing needs all through the year. If it’s a roommate you’re looking for, visit the Housing Helper powered roommates service to browse for free or sign up and connect with the most compatible roommate(s) around.
Welcome Back CU Students!
Welcome Back CU Students!! You probably cannot wait to go out and see everything that Boulder has to offer, from restaurants and night life to watching the sunset off of Flagstaff in the evening. And we are here to help give you some helpful hints to where the fun is at!
Some of the tasty spots for students to go to are: Snarf’s, Jimmy Johns, Illegal Pete’s, Half Fast Subs, The Sink, Fat Cat Noodle House, and Burnt Toast are only a few of the several places located on the Hill, close to campus.
As for the latest clubs and bars around Boulder, try going to some local spots such as: The Foundry, The Walrus, Shooters, The Dark Horse, Conor O’Neills, or The Pub. All have different kinds of music and on the right night you can find Live Music and Karaoke. Any of these spots are nice for unwinding after a hectic day!
If you are looking for a hot spot to shop, you have to experience Pearl Street! It has the greatest specialty stores around! As you wander around Pearl, take note of the crazy acts performed all over the street, it’s a real treat! Also, right on the Hill has some pretty fantastic shops as well! If you are looking for a mall, you have the 29th Street Mall just off of 28th Street, or the Flat Irons Mall, just head south on Highway 36 and you’ll be there in 10 minutes!
Now, for all of you who enjoy the great outdoors, you can go hiking and biking at some of these great locations: Boulder’s Chautauqua Park, is great for hiking, Eagle/Sage/Lefthand are all great biking trails just north of Boulder, near Boulder Valley Ranch. Another close hiking/biking/climbing spot would be Flagstaff off of Arapahoe in Boulder! Great for sightseeing, drive up there on a stormy night and watch from above the storm as the lightning touches the ground.
Hopefully, this gives you some ideas on where the hot spots are around this town and you can make your time at the University of Colorado Boulder more memorable!